New version of PyGreSQL

Ruslan Makhmatkhanov cvs-src at yandex.ru
Thu Jan 3 18:25:02 UTC 2013

D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote on 03.01.2013 22:18:
> On Thu, 03 Jan 2013 21:50:01 +0400
> Ruslan Makhmatkhanov <cvs-src at yandex.ru> wrote:
>> D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote on 03.01.2013 18:14:
>>> Version 4.1 of PyGreSQL has just been released.  I think the
>>> following will update your Makefile:
>>
>> The port was just updated, thank you for heads up. You may point your
>> users here: http://www.freshports.org/databases/py-PyGreSQL for
>> FreeBSD-specific install instructions.
>
> I see that you call it 4.1,1.  Do you always have a PORTEPOCH?  I know
> that NetBSD (where I am also a developer) only set the PKGREVISION
> variable when the original commit for a version is modified.

Yes, once defined it will stay forever. In this particular case it was
added when upstream downgraded version number to 3.4 from 7.3.5 (in
early 2004, you may see the history at freshports.org). Since the first
one is less than last, PORTEPOCH was introduced to make ports tools
recognize which is newer.

>> Next time please report such things to our bug-tracker:
>> http://www.freebsd.org/send-pr.html
>
> I will try to remember.
>
>> By the way, would you also update the release on
>> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/PyGreSQL ? It still holding 4.0 version.
>
> We are just waiting until all the binaries have been built and uploaded.
>
> Cheers.

Ok, thanks.

--
Regards,