www/geneweb-5.02 Outdated, Won't Compile.

Alex Stangl alex at stangl.us
Thu Jan 3 17:57:36 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jan 03, 2013 at 08:00:34AM -0600, Alex Stangl wrote:
> BTW, I notice now the download patch link from the PR seems to deliver a
> corrupted file. It's not clear why that is, since I was able to
> copy/paste the uuencoded text and uudecode it, and got the correct file.

Further investigation reveals this is due to an apparent bug in
query-pr.cgi, already reported by Michael Gmelin on this list on
9/2012. It's erroneously performing a UTF-8 transformation plus
truncation to the data. There's an open PR for this too.

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2012-September/078560.html
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=172195&cat=

Alex