Updating "fetchmail"

Corey Halpin chalpin at cs.wisc.edu
Thu Jan 3 15:46:33 UTC 2013

On 2013-01-03, Jerry wrote:
> Thanks for the feedback. When the 6.x branch is abandoned in favor of
> the 7.x branch, which I tend to believe is not that far off, will you
> then be creating a 7.x port?

  When 7.x becomes the supported release, rather than a pre-release alpha,
then mail/fetchmail will be upgraded to 7.x.

  My intention is to maintain mail/fetchmail at the supported release version.
When that's not 6.x anymore, then the port won't be 6.x anymore, either.

  If there's some missing feature in 7.x which has people wanting a 6.x port
as well, then I'll likely create mail/fetchmail6 at that point.

~crh