FreeBSD port for redirecting printer

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Thu Feb 28 17:54:00 UTC 2013

On Thu, 28 Feb 2013, Matthias Apitz wrote:

> El día Wednesday, February 27, 2013 a las 12:56:47PM +0100, Matthias Apitz escribió:
>
>> another issue, how do you print an UTF-8 encoded text file, containing
>> for example Hebrew and Greek? With CUPS' lpr(1) you just say:
>>
>> $ lpr -Pfoo myfile.txt
>
> And now? Big silence? Nobody wants to step-up with a proposal? :-)

It has never been something I've needed to do, but if I had to do it,
I'd start by looking for a standalone filter.  Maybe print/paps?
Whatever CUPS uses to do it may be standalone, in fact.  CUPS may look
like a big monolithic thing, but is actually a bunch of pieces that
might be usable individually.