devel/uwsgi

Daniel Braniss danny at cs.huji.ac.il
Sat Feb 23 15:45:51 UTC 2013

> On Sat, 23 Feb 2013 15:38:36 +0200
> Daniel Braniss <danny at cs.huji.ac.il> wrote:
>
> > Hi Michael,
> >
> > > uname -a
> > FreeBSD rnd 9.1-STABLE FreeBSD 9.1-STABLE #46: Tue Feb  5 10:46:56
> > IST 2013 danny at rnd:/home/obj/rnd/r+d/stable/9/sys/HUJI  amd64
> >
> > > Compilation options you used when building python
> > the deaults from ports/lang/python27:
> > 	EXAMPLES
> > 	NLS
> > 	PYMALLOC
> > 	UCS4
>
> Hm, THREADS should be on by default too.
wups, forgot, yes THREADS is there too, and IPV6.
make showconfig

===> The following configuration options are available for python27-2.7.3_6:
     EXAMPLES=on: Build and/or install examples
     FPECTL=off: Floating point exception handling
     IPV6=on: IPv6 protocol
     NLS=on: Enable Gettext support for the locale module
     PTH=off: Threading/multiprocessing via GNU Pth
     PYMALLOC=on: Use Python's internal malloc
     SEM=off: POSIX semaphores
     THREADS=on: Threading support
====> Options available for the single UCS: you have to select exactly one of
them
     UCS2=off: Unicode UCS-2 encoding
     UCS4=on: Unicode UCS-4 encoding
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings

> cd /usr/ports/devl/python27
> make showconfig
>
> ===> The following configuration options are available for
> python27-2.7.3_6: EXAMPLES=on: Build and/or install examples
>      FPECTL=off: Floating point exception handling
>      IPV6=on: IPv6 protocol
>      NLS=on: Enable Gettext support for the locale module
>      PTH=off: Threading/multiprocessing via GNU Pth
>      PYMALLOC=on: Use Python's internal malloc
>      SEM=off: POSIX semaphores
>      THREADS=on: Threading support
> ====> Options available for the single UCS: you have to select exactly
> one of them UCS2=off: Unicode UCS-2 encoding
>      UCS4=on: Unicode UCS-4 encoding
> ===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
>
> That's:
>
> EXAMPLES
> IPV6
> NLS
> PYMALLOC
> THREADS
> UCS4
>
> Unless you have a good reason to use different settings I'd suggest to
> use the defaults (make rmconfig), especially for threads.

as mentioend above, that's how python was compiled.

> > > Compiled using gcc or clang
> > gcc
>
> Ah ok, we're using clang here, that might make a difference too.

well, I just compiled using clang, and it makes no difference.
does this error mean anything?
rnd> make
===>  Building for uwsgi-1.4.5
/usr/local/bin/python2.7 uwsgiconfig.py --build
Exception in thread Thread-1:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 551, in __bootstrap_inner
    self.run()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 504, in run
    self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
  File "uwsgiconfig.py", line 92, in thread_compiler
    (objfile, cmdline) = compile_queue.get()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gevent/queue.py", line 190, in
get
    return waiter.get()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gevent/hub.py", line 321, in get
    return get_hub().switch()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gevent/hub.py", line 135, in
get_hub
    raise NotImplementedError('gevent is only usable from a single thread')
NotImplementedError: gevent is only usable from a single thread

danke,
	danny