libreoffice

Dominic Fandrey kamikaze at bsdforen.de
Thu Feb 21 15:49:54 UTC 2013

On 18/02/2013 12:46, Wojciech Puchar wrote:
> package works great (and far faster than openoffice) but still i would find quickstarter functionality that is available in windows openoffice useful.

You know that time a quickstarter saves you starting a program is
just the same time it made your system start take longer.

Quick starters are a huge part of the reason windows installations
start to feel sluggish after some time. They are a plague, binding
resources before it's even clear that they're needed.

Why MS accepted this practice from software vendors is beyond me.
They accept that their system looks bad on behalf of making the software
it runs look good, without any real benefit to the user. It's just
about shifting blame.