Building libreoffice dies with logl at GLIBCXX_3.4

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at FreeBSD.org
Wed Feb 20 23:12:51 UTC 2013

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 03:10:23PM -0800, Steve Kargl wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 12:02:46AM +0100, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 02:55:55PM -0800, Steve Kargl wrote:
> > > Why is libreoffice looking for glibc?
> > >

> > It is not looking for glibc but libstdc++ it happends because you have mixed
> > compilers on your system, meaning that some of the dependencies of libreoffice
> > are not linked against the based libstdc++ while libreoffice is trying to link
> > to it.
>
> Which compilers?  I have removed all of base clang and completely
> rebuilt this system with gcc.  The only compilers available are
> base gcc and lang/gcc.

Some of the dependencies of libreoffice are being linked against libstdc++ that
comes with base gcc while others are linked against libstdc++ from lang/gcc, and
they are not compatible at some point.

regards,
Bapt