libreoffice

Bob Eager rde at tavi.co.uk
Wed Feb 20 10:41:32 UTC 2013

On Wed, 20 Feb 2013 11:12:06 +0100 (CET)
Wojciech Puchar <wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl> wrote:

> got:
> "cannot install a printer because filesystem is readonly. please
> contact administrator"
>
> in spite of running as root and with all filesystem read-write
>

> what more can i check?

Google. This is a well know problem; when I got it, Google quickly told
me what to do. To save you the bother:

- cd /usr/local/lib/libreoffice/share/psprint/
- mkdir -p driver
- cd driver
- cp yourppdfiles .

and then run spadmin. The port doesn't seem to create the directory or
add any ppd files. Add ones provided with your printers; if they are HP
or compatible, the hplip port will help.