postgresql-84 upgrade

Jeffrey Bouquet jeffreybouquet at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 10 15:18:50 UTC 2013

--- On Sun, 2/10/13, Palle Girgensohn <girgen at pingpong.net> wrote:

From: Palle Girgensohn <girgen at pingpong.net>
Subject: Re: postgresql-84 upgrade
To: "Chris Rees" <utisoft at gmail.com>
Cc: "Jeffrey Bouquet" <jeffreybouquet at yahoo.com>, "pgsql at freebsd.org" <pgsql at freebsd.org>
Date: Sunday, February 10, 2013, 5:01 AM

9 feb 2013 kl. 18:01 skrev Chris Rees <utisoft at gmail.com>:

On 9 February 2013 16:12, Jeffrey Bouquet <jeffreybouquet at yahoo.com> wrote:

Year after year, here, if /usr/local/bin/grep exits, the configuration of most or all postgresql84-* ports halts forever at...

checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for strip... strip
checking whether it is possible to strip libraries..

forever.  Works fine if one termporarily moves /usr/local/bin/grep to, say, /usr.

?

>>Chris

>Seems to me you have /usr/local/bin before /usr/bin in your path? I wouldn't >recommend that. Even so, seems strange that it would fail either way. Is this >gnu grep?

bsd grep 2.5.1-FreeBSD
/usr/local/bin is after /usr/bin in $PATH...