FreeBSD Port: postfix-2.9.4,1

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Sat Feb 9 14:54:53 UTC 2013

On Sat, 09 Feb 2013 14:08:40 +0100
Uwe Reiher articulated:

> I've found out (after a long night yesterday) that this version
> triggers many errors in TLS handling and the whole TLS/SSL thing in
> postfix is still unuseable. I still have to downgrade to
> openssl-1.0.1_4.

This version of openssl 1.0.1d is bonked. There is a patch available
<http://git.openssl.org/gitweb/?p=openssl.git;a=commitdiff;h=32cc247>
but it has not made it to the ports yet. Those fine people at the
openssl factory will be issuing an updated version 1.0.1e any day now.

You can check the "openssl-dev" forum for further details. In the case
of Postfix, you can have your clients disable the use of port 587. It
should work until a proper fix is issued.

And yes, there is a PR against this port.

--
Jerry ♔