x11/kde4-runtime

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Fri Feb 8 21:52:27 UTC 2013

On Fri, 8 Feb 2013 21:19:34 +0000
Chris Rees articulated:

> This is symptomatic of the dependency being of the form bash>=version,
> rather than simply depending on the bash binary.
>
> Please would you provide a log?  I can't find from a cursory search
> the exact port that depends on bash in this way.

I have come across several. In order to create a log, I will have to
revert to "bash-devel". I reverted to the "bash" port because of the
problems I was having.

The "x11/kde4-runtime" is one such port however. Both "portupgrade" and
"portmaster" bitched about the conflict with "bash". I had the
"bash-devel" port installed at the time. I am not sure if it was that
actual port or one in the chain though.

If I had a test machine available, I would change the "bash" port and
then try building the x11/kde4-runtime port. However, since I don't, it
will just have to wait.

--
Jerry ♔