Updating KDE

Heino Tiedemann rotkaps_spam_trap at gmx.de
Fri Feb 8 07:58:15 UTC 2013

Jerry <jerry at seibercom.net> wrote:

> I just updated to KDE Version 4.9.5 as described in the UPDATING file.
> KDE starts; however, all of my desktop icon and shortcuts are gone.
> What could have happened to them? Also, the <ALT> <TAB> key
> combination no longer functions.

My stuff:

Icon are there - fine so far.
Background image is there. Fino so far, but..

Virtual desktops eare not accessable by ctrl + F1 / F2 / F3 / F4

My "K-panel" has an unreadable font - with a strange 3d look. It ist
black/gray on black

By The Way, you should install kdemultimedia4 und kde4-runtime (and
maybe kde4-network) by hand after update like UPDATING says

Heino