Upgrading ports problem with portupgrade(pkgng)

Bryan Drewery bdrewery at FreeBSD.org
Wed Feb 6 01:54:36 UTC 2013

On 12/22/2012 2:15 PM, Beach Geek wrote:
> System: FreeBSD/i386 10-current, base/head(src)=r244363, ports/head=r309344.
>
> I upgraded to r244363 from an Oct 3rd(ish) version. Followed ports/UPDATING
> for pkgng to edit make.conf and convert pkgdb.db.
>
> I'm now trying to update my ports (from tree, not pkgs), and I get:
>
>     # portupgrade -ae
>     USING PKGNG
>     Stale dependency: ORBit2-2.14.19 --> glib-2.28.8_4 -- manually run
> 'pkgdb -F' to fix, or specify -O to force.
>
>     # pkgdb -F USING PKGNG pkgdb -F not supported with PKGNG yet. Use 'pkg
> check' directly.
>
>     # pkg check -d (also tried pkg check -d -a)
>     #
>
> Running portupgrade -ae gives same message as before.
>
> Went to port tree, upgraded glib with 'make deinstall reinstall clean'.
> Then....
>     # pkg info glib glib-2.28.8_5 Some useful routines of C programming
> (current stable version)
>
> Run portupgrade -ae...... same message.
>
> Could someone point me in the right direction...
>
> If I'm misunderstanding the man & wiki pages, please explain (I'll even
> wear the pointyhat).
>
> Thanks, BG

Maintainer of portupgrade here... I did not see this post until just now.

It should be enough to just install the missing dependencies. You may
have to do this manually outside of portupgrade, and then run 'pkgdb
-uf'. I am exploring how to make this automatically fix itself.

If all else fails, portmaster is an option as well.

You don't *have* to use packages.

--
Regards,
Bryan Drewery