pkgng - one "ervery day anoying" problem

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Mon Feb 4 20:29:57 UTC 2013

On 04/02/2013 19:06, Heino Tiedemann wrote:
> Daniel Nebdal <dnebdal at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> You might want to look at this:
>> https://github.com/pkgtools/pkgtools/issues/44
>> In the meantime, could you deinstall/reinstall libreoffice? No guarantees,
>> but maybe it'll clean things up.
>

> I did
>
> Does not solve the stale dependency - it is still there :(

Hi, Heino,

This is a bug in portupgrade's pkgng integration: the whole 'pkgdb -Fu'
thing shouldn't be necessary with pkgng's built-in sqlite database.
Unfortunately the coding required to chop out the pkgdb related bits of
portupgrade and replace them with equivalents via 'pkg check' isn't
complete.  I believe it needs some changes to 'pkg check' too, although
I have no details on that.

It's an annoying message, but inaccurate and you can just ignore it.
You can use 'pkg check' and 'pkg info' to verify that liberoffice has
the correct dependencies installed and that all those packages are
correctly installed.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--