I need help with git

Micheas Herman m at micheas.net
Mon Feb 4 16:33:08 UTC 2013

On Monday, February 4, 2013, Paul Schmehl wrote:

> I'm the maintainer for security/barnyard2.  The software recently changed
> so that all distros are pulled from github.  The developers made new
> commits, and now the port is broken, and I cannot figure out how to fix it.
>
> Here's the relevant code from the Makefile:
>
> PORTNAME=       barnyard2
> PORTVERSION=    1.11
> CATEGORIES=     security
>
> MAINTAINER=     pauls at utdallas.edu
> COMMENT=        Interpreter for Snort unified2 binary output files
>
> LICENSE=        GPLv2
>
> USE_GITHUB=     yes
> GH_ACCOUNT=     firnsy
> GH_PROJECT=     ${PORTNAME}
> GH_TAGNAME=     master

You need to change th GH_TAGNAME to the release you want if you go to the
repository on github and you can find the tags that the maintainers have
added to the project.

If you want a snapshot in time that is not tagged you could either request
the authors tag it, or fork it on github tag it yourself and put your own
account as the GH_ACCOUNT.

> GH_COMMIT=      4dfdc80

Probably not needed if you specify a tag other than master.