devel/boost-* update and restructuration

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at FreeBSD.org
Fri Feb 1 07:17:01 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 11:58:44PM -0200, Danilo Egea wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was working in an update for devel/boost-*, but someone already commit
> an update. The current port have some problems with its Makefiles.
> I changed the ports to make portlint happy, can you see it and evaluate
> the possibility to merge some ideas at current port?
>
> The ports are here -> https://github.com/daniloegea/ports/tree/master/devel
>
> Or the shar file -> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23276705/boost152.shar.xz
>
> Thanks a lot. ;)
>
> PS: sorry my english

Looking at your version (thanks for it) I see a lot of duplication for the sake
of having portlint happy which I don't think it that particular case is worth.

What I found interesting is the MPI option which I haven't added.

I still think the version I committed is cleaner, except that the MPI option
should be added.

I'm might have a look at it later if noone did.

IMHO: portlint is a really good tool, but does not have to always be 100%
respected if that is on purpose. here not respecting portlint helps avoiding
code duplication

regards,
Bapt