Pourdriere: Adding package to jail environment?

John Marino freebsd.contact at marino.st
Tue Dec 31 03:26:33 UTC 2013

On 12/31/2013 02:10, Patrick wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 4:41 PM, John Marino <freebsd.contact at marino.st> wrote:
>> In my experience, mongodb builds fine in a stock poudriere environment
>> assuming there is enough space.  Are you sure you aren't running out of
>> swap space?  Are you using tmpfs on poudriere?  if so, and if you don't
>> have that much ram, you could be burning up all your ram and swap to
>> build mongodb which is a mongo package.
>>
>> so yeah, I think you need to show the log that indicates WHY mongodb is
>> failing to build.
>
> I was just using the default settings, so perhaps that's a
> possibility. Is there a way to disable it completely? It's not clear
> from the config file, but I'm trying a new build with USE_TMPFS
> commented out. Here's the last bit of the output when it failed. The
> host system is a 10.0-RC2 on an Amazon EC2 m1.small instance, so
> perhaps that's related. If it fails again, I'll try spinning it up on
> a 9.2/m1.medium instance.

The log doesn't say much but running out of some kind of disk space
could explain that error.  I don't know how much rame a EC2 small
instance has, nor how much swap it has.  I do know that mongodb is not
failing the automatic builds:
http://portsmon.freebsd.org/portoverview.py?category=databases&portname=mongodb&wildcard=

It's not failing on DragonFly either.  So I think this is a case of
"it's just you".  It might be worth trying on a bigger EC2 instance or
maybe just use a binary package?

john