Screen vertical split

James Griffin jmzgriffin at gmail.com
Sat Dec 28 15:18:30 UTC 2013

On 12/28/2013 13:53, Zsolt Udvari wrote:
> As I know it's impossible in screen, see [1].
> This was the main reason why I choose tmux.
>
> [1] http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/26685/how-to-split-window-vertically-in-gnu-screen
>

> 2013/12/28 Jakob Breivik Grimstveit <jakob at grimstveit.no>:
>> How do I split screen vertically? Neither "Ctrl+a, |" nor "Ctrl+a V" seems
>> to work...

I too wondered about this. I just put it down to a problem with the port
that would get fixed at some point; so, is it something that won't be
possible on FreeBSD? I also have a similar problem with tmux: the
vertical pane divider doesn't accept the colours defined in the
configuration file, and even with no configuration file it shows as
though the pane have split a second time when the haven't. Same in xterm
and console.