bsd.port.mk FETCH_ARGS defaults, why "-A" ?

John Marino freebsd.contact at marino.st
Sat Dec 28 01:01:38 UTC 2013

On 12/28/2013 01:56, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 28, 2013 at 01:52:45AM +0100, John Marino wrote:

>>> Crappy download sites that redirect you to ad pages, malware domains, or worse?
>>>

>> And?
>> The checksum won't match, and the next site in the MASTER_SITES list
>> will be checked, right?  What is the downside of this redirect?  Keep in
>> mind that the site was once "approved" by the port maintainer, it's not
>> some random URL stuck in a wiki.
>
> That's to avoid infinite loop on redirection

Does not "fetch" detect too many redirects?
What about the "emulators/javatari" case?  Do we really want that to
fetch to fail on a valid url?
My gut tells me the current fetch setup is not ideal and it can (and
should) be improved.  Any ideas (assuming -A really has a fatal case, of
which I'm not convinced since I can't envision how this infinite
redirection would occur)

John