WITHOUT_NLS is deprecated use NLS option instead

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at FreeBSD.org
Thu Dec 26 10:08:56 UTC 2013

On Wed, Dec 25, 2013 at 10:55:56PM -0800, Doug Barton wrote:
> On 12/25/2013 10:51 PM, clutton wrote:
> > Sorry, but I have a quite opposite view. Making both variants work means
> > chaos. More variants means more complication.
>
> if <options for nls mean no> || WITHOUT_NLS; then
>

> This is not chaos. It's called "backwards compatibility," which is a
> critical part of every mature software project.
>
> OTOH, forcing users to jump through stupid hoops to change
> configurations which have worked for over a decade is a sign of the
> inmates running the asylum.
>
> Doug

Backward compatility is still in there, this is a warning to the users, so that
they do get time to migrate. And it will stay for a while, even if
OPTIONS_UNSET=NLS is recommanded for more than a year.

regards,
Bapt