Resolving circular dependencies

Dewayne Geraghty dewayne.geraghty at heuristicsystems.com.au
Thu Dec 26 03:58:53 UTC 2013

On 26/12/2013 5:10 AM, Hajimu UMEMOTO wrote:
> Hi,

> swhetzel> The best way to solve this would be to create 3 ports that would
> swhetzel> create the appropriate gssapi mech:
>
> swhetzel> security/cyrus-sasl2-mech-gssapi-base <- Kerberos Support from
> swhetzel> /usr/lib/libkrb5.a
> swhetzel> security/cyrus-sasl2-mech-gssapi-krb5 (slave port)
> swhetzel> security/cyrus-sasl2-mech-gssapi-hemidal (slave port)
>
> swhetzel> That way you could use Poudriere to build these 4 ports (cyrus-sasl2,
> swhetzel> openldap24-sasl-client, krb5 and cyrus-sasl2-mech-gssapi-krb5).
>
> swhetzel> Now if someone could sit down and code these mech ports. ;-)
>
> ume> I'll do it later.
>
> I've just committed it.  Please give it a try.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> --
> Hajimu UMEMOTO
> ume at mahoroba.org  ume@{,jp.}FreeBSD.org
> http://www.mahoroba.org/~ume/

Would it be possible to include some documentation in
/usr/ports/UPDATING regarding the removal of gssapi from cyrus-sasl2 and
the creation of the security/cyrus-sasl2-gssapi port; as it will
surprise some.  A cursory review of the
security/cyrus-sasl2-gssapi/Makefile seems to create
lib/sasl2/libgssapiv2.*
lib/sasl2/libgs2.*
files, so adding security/cyrus-sasl2-gssapi into the routine build
sequence shouldn't be too dramatic a change.

It will be nice to remove the long-standing workaround of the openssl,
heimdal (without_ldap), openldapX-sasl-client, heimdal resolution loop.

Regards, Dewayne