kBuild and opera will not install in 10.0: lang/gcc46 conflicts with lang/gcc

José García Juanino jjuanino at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 10:10:06 UTC 2013

On 23 December 2013 08:36, Bernhard Fröhlich <decke at bluelife.at> wrote:

> Am 22.12.2013 21:57 schrieb "Dirk Meyer" <dirk.meyer at dinoex.sub.org>:
> > Opera has an option to pick your poison.
> > you can set COMPAT9, which does conflict with virtualbox.
>
> No it does not conflict anymore. That has been fixed already.

Only a remark: the goal is install emulators/virtualbox-ose-additions and
www/opera on a
VirtualBox FreeBSD 10.0RC2. I have found a workaround:

1- First,  install emulators/virtualbox-ose-additions  with pkgng. Then you
will get /usr/local/lib/gcc46/libstdc++.so.6
installed by lang/gcc port.
2- Install www/opera from ports: cd /usr/ports/www/opera && make install
clean. This trick  works as the port only
check the installation of the libstdc++.so.6; it does not care the which
package installed the library.

Yes, there are some corner cases you need the flexibility of the port
system :-)

Best regards