Thomas Mueller mueller6724 at bellsouth.net
Fri Dec 20 12:30:16 UTC 2013

--
> Chad Perrin [ original content licensed OWL: http://owl.apotheon.org ]

I think train wreck applies more to sendmail than send-pr.  Sendmail dates back to long-ago pre-Internet days where computer users didn't send email to other computer users.  Now a computer user needs to be able to send through ISP's SMTP server.

I see in FreeBSD 10-prerelease, certificates in /etc/mail, suspect that might be related to sendmail, but looks useful even to a sendmail nonuser.

Otherwise I'd put WITHOUT_SENDMAIL=yes in /etc/src.conf .

There needs to be documentation on how to use send-pr for sending through ISP's SMTP server, and computer's hostname should not have to match email address.

Nowadays, computer users may have multiple email accounts.

When I had OS/2 Warp 4, I sent mail by
sendmail -t < outgoing-message-with-all-headers
but figuring what to add to sendmail.cf took many hours.

Tom