Lars Engels lars.engels at 0x20.net
Wed Dec 18 16:20:44 UTC 2013

Am 2013-12-17 23:33, schrieb John Marino:
> Over the months I've seen several ports users copy a failure log and
> mail it to ports@, usually without even saying "hello".  I've tried to
> discourage that behavior but other members of this mail list encourage
> this method of bypassing writing PRs.  One user even proudly boasted
> that sending email to ports@ is faster than writing a PR so of course
> he
> was going to do that instead.

That only shows how badly GNATS sucks and that it's much more
uncomfortable to
use than writing a mail.
I totally agree that error need to be tracked in an error tracker where
reports
don't get lost, you have a proper history etc. pp. but GNATS is just
ancient and
should have died in a fire a long time ago.