John Marino freebsd.contact at marino.st
Tue Dec 17 22:34:27 UTC 2013

Over the months I've seen several ports users copy a failure log and
mail it to ports@, usually without even saying "hello".  I've tried to
discourage that behavior but other members of this mail list encourage
this method of bypassing writing PRs.  One user even proudly boasted
that sending email to ports@ is faster than writing a PR so of course he
was going to do that instead.

If this kind of post is acceptable to the rest of the people here, and
I'm alone in not only finding it very rude, but also making the volume
of ports@ too high, then please tell me that the problem is with me.