about the Berkeley DB 4 "cleanup"

Robert Huff roberthuff at rcn.com
Mon Dec 16 12:52:02 UTC 2013

	[Ref: ports/UPDATING 20131214]

	I am an indirect user of BDB (currently ver 4.3); "pkg version
-r" reports

	redland-1.0.16
	ruby19-bdb43-0.6.6_1
	webalizer-geoip-2.23.8
	php5-5.4.21
	xmms-1.2.11_20
	libreoffice-4.0.6_1
	gramps-3.3.0_2
	docproj-2.0_1
	librcc-0.2.12
	apr-1.4.8.1.5.3
	apache24-2.4.6_1
	subversion-1.8.5
	py27-bsddb-2.7.6_3
	portupgrade-2.4.11.3,2

	as being dependant, and I suspect the list will be longer with
each passing day.
	While I appreciate the work done to move the universe along,
the upgrade instructions included (by reference) are partially past
my understanding and _way_ beyond my comfort zone.  (And I suspect
I'm not alone.)
	So: what explodes if I simply set "WITH_BDB_VER=5", shutdown my
services, and rebuild?
	Alternately: does someone whose comfort zone this is well
within) have a script that will take care of things?

	Respectfully,

					Robert Huff