[CFT] boost 1.55.0

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at FreeBSD.org
Fri Dec 13 10:27:40 UTC 2013

On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 10:41:00AM +0100, Andrea Venturoli wrote:
> On 12/13/13 09:47, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
>
> > It uses a modern compiler (sorry I haven't been able to make it use gcc from
> > base at all, so it uses clang33 or gcc47+ from ports on FreeBSD 9.1 and FreeBSD
> > 8.*, clang33 from base in FreeBSD 9.2 (if available) and cc on 10+)
>
> Hello.
> Thanks for the work... however I have a (hopefully quick) question: does
> this mean I can't mix this with other ports which use a different compiler?
>
> I.e. Can I link against boost (compiled with clang33 or gcc47+) and
> against port XYZ (compiled with base gcc)?
>
> Does this mean I have to compile XYZ with clang33/gcc47+ too?
> So it would mean I'll need to compile XYZ's dependencies with
> clang33/gcc47+ and other ports depending on those dependencies with
> clang33/gcc47+ and so on?

The situation is the same as before for anyone, meaning that by default boost
will be linked against the libstdc++ from base on 8 and 9 and libc++ on 10 and
11, that means that you can mix with ports with the exact same risk as you have
now :)

that just changes compilation dependencies not runtime one.

I hope that does answer your question :)

regards,
Bapt