[CFT] boost 1.55.0

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at FreeBSD.org
Fri Dec 13 08:47:12 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have been deseperatly waiting for someone to handle updating boost to the
latest version, this didn't happened so I did it.

http://people.freebsd.org/~bapt/boost-1.55.0.diff

Changes compared to previous version (from the ports point of view) the
libraries are now having the name upstream would expect aka:
libboost_bla.so.1.55.0
For compatibility I added a symbol link to libboost_bla.so.5 so everything does
not have to be rebuilt
The ports is now staged aware
It uses a modern compiler (sorry I haven't been able to make it use gcc from
base at all, so it uses clang33 or gcc47+ from ports on FreeBSD 9.1 and FreeBSD
8.*, clang33 from base in FreeBSD 9.2 (if available) and cc on 10+)
It removes the wrongly added support for long long double.

Exp-run show everything is ok from package building side of view.

What about users?

Can you test?

to test
cd /usr/ports/devel