FreeBSD Port: emulators/virtualbox-ose

Bernhard Fröhlich decke at bluelife.at
Wed Dec 11 20:32:18 UTC 2013

Am 11.12.2013 21:04 schrieb "Mike Jakubik" <
mike.jakubik at intertainservices.com>:

> Hello,
>
> I've updated to the recent 4.2.20 version only to find a runtime error
due to libstdc++, I see the recent commit made to fix this on 10, however I
am running 9-stable and do not have compat9x installed. I wish thisport did
not need gcc to compile, it always seems to be a problem.

I can only repeat myself. It will not happen any day soon because clang
does not support global register variables and they do not seem to have any
interest to implement that.

> $ VirtualBox
> VirtualBox: Error -610 in supR3HardenedMainInitRuntime!
> VirtualBox: dlopen("/usr/local/lib/virtualbox/VBoxRT.so",) failed:
/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version GLIBCXX_3.4.15 required by
/usr/local/lib/virtualbox/VBoxRT.so not found

Your setup is very strange but it's about the same issue as on 10 as it
seems. With the update to 4.2.20 I have added a change that should add the
gcc path to the ports gcc of libstdc++.so.6 to the vbox rpath but it seems
to have no effect for you.

Could you please send me the following output just to verify:
strings /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 | grep GLIBCXX

On my FreeBSD 10 machine there is no such file so I wonder if that might be
a leftover file from a base update.

13:51:20 EST 2013 mjakubik at freebsd.local:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/FREEBSD  amd64