[WIP] games/chocolate-doom maintainer requesting help with staging support / new release

Jakub Lach jakub_lach at mailplus.pl
Wed Dec 11 20:26:27 UTC 2013

Hello,

I'm a maintainer of games/chocolate-doom. Few days ago Doom was
celebrating 20th birthday, on this occasion new release was made, which
was cut from v2 branch supporting Heretic, Hexen as well as Strife.

However, STAGE support somehow went over my head and I still don't feel
comfortable with it despite reading handbook, wiki and related blogposts.

I'm running out of time currently, yet for now I have a port with broken
package creation, possibly plist and maybe more.

I'm not sure how chocolate-* (heretic, hexen, strife) should be handled.
There is a lot of redundancy in their documentation.

If somebody would like to try his/her hand with staging this port, please
do.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/siqpy8vsm1kvop1/chocolate-doom.shar

I'm sure there are some who would like to celebrate Doom's 20th birthday
on FreeBSD :)

best regards
- Jakub Lach

PS. Please remember this is a certainly BROKEN WIP port, caution advised.