Integrating Custom Ports

Rick Miller vmiller at hostileadmin.com
Tue Dec 10 14:37:47 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I have a need to create a custom Ports tree for my organization containing
custom Ports that currently do not exist as well as existing Ports modified
with our organization's customizations.  I intend to create a new physical
category according to the instructions in the Committer's Handbook (
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/committers-guide/article.html#idp65956656)
where our organization's Ports will be included.

This is my first foray into Ports beyond just installing what is available.
 So, just looking for some feedback from others doing similar.  Is there
someone that can provide a few pointers in putting together and managing
such a system?

--
Take care
Rick Miller