"pkg repo" dumps core

A.J. 'Fonz' van Werven freebsd at skysmurf.nl
Sat Dec 7 22:03:48 UTC 2013

Julien Laffaye wrote:

> Can you get a backtrace from the core file with gdb ?

Somehow my weird, twisted little brain thought that pkg was a Perl script,
so the idea of a stack trace didn't enter said mind. But having done a

make stage

(obviously pkg would support staging...) I noticed that it is indeed a C
program. I'm a C programmer myself, so tomorrow I'll see if I can produce
a stack trace. And I'll also obviously try MG's patch to see if it fixes
the problem.

Moreover, I can check whether using GCC or Clang makes any difference. I
used to think it couldn't possibly matter, but I recently found out (with
some help from the Forums) that building security/tripwire fails with
Clang but works with GCC.

To be continued,

AvW

--
I'm not completely useless, I can be used as a bad example.