Ports via svn, make fetchindex and make compatibility with NetBSD

Thomas Mueller mueller6724 at bellsouth.net
Wed Dec 4 13:12:00 UTC 2013

> Building ports on NetBSD is a whole other kettle of fish.  It's not
> going to work without a lot of effort to add compatibility changes.
> (Getting the ports working on DFly which is much more closely related to
> FBSD has been a fairly recent achievement, and that took quite a lot of
> local patches.)

>       Cheers,

>       Matthew

I noticed on the DFly site that Dfly was switching from NetBSD pkgsrc to dports, which is a port of FreeBSD ports.

I guess they like FreeBSD ports better than NetBSD pkgsrc.

NetBSD pkgsrc has been ported to many other OSes including some non-Unixoid,
but I don't really want to use pkgsrc for Linux.

DFly is rather incompatible with my system; I tried their live USB including the latest release 3.6.0 amd64 and i386.

So is OpenBSD.

Tom