[kde-freebsd] [patch] x11-toolkits/qt4-gui: configure error: Cups support cannot be enabled due to functionality tests!

Guido Falsi mad at madpilot.net
Sat Aug 31 16:31:45 UTC 2013

On 08/31/13 18:17, Boris Samorodov wrote:
> 31.08.2013 19:21, Raphael Kubo da Costa пишет:
>> Boris Samorodov <bsam at passap.ru> writes:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I've examined the following error (486 ports affected):
>>> http://pb2.nyi.freebsd.org/bulk/nogcc-default/2013-08-30_22h26m46s/logs/errors/qt4-gui-4.8.4.log
>>>
>>> ... and it appeared to be a result of latest iconv changes at FreeBSD.
>>>
>> Are you able to reproduce this error locally? The build error you linked
>> to only says building the test file for cups detection failed. Before
>> committing the change, I'd like to double-check the exact error message.
>
> Yes, the error is while running a test to find cups. The test program
> fails to build without "-liconv" flag. Here is the log from my testing
> system:
> http://gw.wart.ru/bulk/10-amd64-default/2013-08-31_00h56m31s/logs/errors/qt4-gui-4.8.4.log

As a stop gap solution this looks ok.

My big fear is ending up creating a condition in which some ports link
to libc iconv and some to ports iconv, making future fixes even more
difficult.

The patch I proposed makes cups work with the system iconv without
modifying the port. As I said in the PR (ports/181693) most ports
already do the right thing and prefer the libc provided iconv if
available really.

Most ports which are breaking are doing that because they have special
directives in the port makefile to force use of the ports iconv. As a
side note, I also think that some of those directives are really never
necessary, not even on older systems. There are exceptions, obviously.

--
Guido Falsi <mad at madpilot.net>