Fwd: Re: CFT: vlc 2.0.8 (with two PRs applied)

Florent Peterschmitt florent at peterschmitt.fr
Thu Aug 29 17:58:26 UTC 2013

Le 29/08/2013 19:46, Juergen Lock a écrit :
> On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 06:10:01PM +0200, Florent Peterschmitt wrote:
>> Reading a video with new xorg, is not possible. The first "picture" is
>> displayed and VLC hangs on.
>>
> Is this using intel kms?  radeon kms?  Seems at least radeon kms doesn't
> do xv with all cards yet, and vdpau even less so:
>
> 	https://wiki.freebsd.org/AMD_GPU

I don't use any of them, but It's an ATI card.

However, I *can* read videos with these outputs:

 * SDL
 * X11 (XCB)

It's the Xvideo output that makes VLC hanging, and Xvideo was chosen for
the "predefined" output.

Hum, do you know why VLC does choose this one by default?

--
Florent Peterschmitt           | Please:
florent at peterschmitt.fr        |  * Avoid HTML/RTF in E-mail.