portmaster dependency problems

Rick C. Petty rick-freebsd2013 at kiwi-computer.com
Mon Aug 26 14:55:21 UTC 2013

Hello.

I've been using portmaster successfully (and exclusively) for many
years.  Previously I built a 9.2-PRERELEASE machine and ports using
portmaster-3.17.1 without PKG_NG:

	portmaster -bwDH --delete-build-only --no-confirm ...

Recently I decided to rebuild everything from packages after first
removing all the preset options (i.e. removing /var/db/ports/* )
and then (still using portmaster-3.17.1 without PKG_NG):

	env BATCH=y portmaster -abfwDHP --packages-build \\
		--delete-build-only --packages-newer --no-confirm

Because the options changed mast of the dependencies are now
messed up.  For example:

# portmaster --check-depends
===>>> Checking alacarte-0.13.2_2

        ===>>> print/ghostscript9 is listed as a dependency
        ===>>> but there is no installed version

# pkg_info -Ix ghostscript
ghostscript9-nox11-9.06_4 Ghostscript 9.x PostScript interpreter

To fix this specific problem, I have separately tried using:
	portmaster -o print/ghostscript9 ghostscript
and:
	portmaster -o print/ghostscript9-nox11 ghostscript

In both cases, portmaster leaves an empty @pkgdep line in
/var/db/pkg/alacarte-0.13.2_2+CONTENTS just before:
	@comment DEPORIGIN:print/ghostscript9
and never updates the origin to print/ghostscript9-nox11.

What am I doing wrong?  Or how can I fix these broken dependencies?
This used to work fine with older versions of portmsater when the
origins shifted around.  But now I have a few hundred ports which
depend upon (for example) ghostscript so I'd rather not have to
manually fix everything.  Also, I don't think that running

	portmaster --check-depends -y

would be a good option since that would remove all those broken
dependencies and would require me to reinstall those hundreds of
ports.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

-- Rick C. Petty
   KIWI Computer