[poudriere] creation/update of jails failing

Michael Grimm trashcan at odo.in-berlin.de
Sat Aug 24 07:00:57 UTC 2013

Hi -

On 23.08.2013, at 23:49, Andrei Brezan <andrei693 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 08/23/13 22:28, Michael Grimm wrote:

>> I do have two jails compiling packages for release and stable created some time ago by:
>>
>> | poudriere jail -c stable  -c -v stable/9   -m svn -J 6
>> | poudriere jail -c release -c -v releng/9.2 -m svn -J 6

> What does the second -c stand for? I presume it's a typo.

Yes, that is a typo and should have been "-j stable" and "-j release" respectively.

> releng/9.2 can be fetched with -m ftp (which is default) instead of building it with buildworld unless you need the custom build which might be the cause of the update failing then.
>
> poudriere jail -c -j release -v 9.2-RC2

As mentioned before: I am a newbie regarding poudriere. I must have failed to understand the jail concept from the beginning. I always believed that the method to chose for creation and updating my poudriere jails should be the same I use following FBSD at my target machines (svn and compiling from source).

Now, the creation of both 9.2-PRERELEASE and 9.2-RC2 jails by "-m ftp" has been successful and BTW very much faster as well ;-). Thanks for pointing me into that direction.

>> Starting yesterday I have to deal with failing updates:
>>
>> | poudriere jail -c stable  -u -J 6
>> | poudriere jail -c release -u -J 6

> Can you try without -J 6? Just a shot in the dark.

JFTR: No, that didn't help. I did run into the same error.

Anyway, I will stick to the default method from now on.

Thanks,
Michael