pkgng+portmaster: portmaster erased the field packages.time

Bryan Drewery bdrewery at FreeBSD.org
Thu Aug 22 11:49:38 UTC 2013

On 8/21/2013 12:44 AM, Yuri wrote:
> After I converted to pkgng, field packages.time contained the time of
> conversion.
>
> When I ran portmaster to rebuild few ports, all those timestamps
> disappeared, and portmaster only left the timestamps on the ports it
> reinstalled.
> I suspect this is a bug, since this behavior doesn't appear reasonable.
> Why would portmaster erase the time field? How can it conclude it is wrong?
>
> Yuri

By "Packages.time" I assume you mean the timestamp the package was
installed? There is no "conversion" timestamp stored by pkgng.

How are you seeing this timestamp? With 'pkg query "%o %t"'?

Portmaster itself is not modifying this data at all (it can't), only
pkgng updates this timestamp.

--
Regards,
Bryan Drewery