openldap-client conflicts with openldap-sasl-client

John Marshall john.marshall at riverwillow.com.au
Sat Aug 17 00:06:17 UTC 2013

On 16/08/2013 19:39, Anton Shterenlikht wrote:
> While updating the ports following ports/UPDATING
> entry 20130731 I got this error:
>
> ===>>> Updating dependent ports >> gconf2-2.32.0_3 >> net/openldap24-client (27/59)
>
> ===>  Cleaning for openldap-client-2.4.35
>
> ===>  openldap-client-2.4.35 conflicts with installed package(s):
>       openldap-sasl-client-2.4.35
>
> Have I missed something?

portmaster can't tell that the two ldap client ports are variants of the
same port. To prevent this happening you need to make sure that the one
you want is installed properly first, so that the dependency tests pass
and portmaster doesn't hit this snag. I'm guessing that some bits of
your openldap-sasl-client have gone missing, causing the tests in
bsd.ldap.mk to fail, and resulting in attempted installation of
net/openldap24-client.

I suggest you reinstall openldap-sasl-client-2.4.35 by itself and then
try again.

--
John Marshall