Conflict between converters/libiconv and devel/gettext

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at FreeBSD.org
Wed Aug 7 20:47:57 UTC 2013

On Wed, Aug 07, 2013 at 10:40:40PM +0200, Loïc BLOT wrote:
> To resolve this conflict remove gettext and libiconv and reinstall
> gettext (it reinstall libiconv). This resolves the problem (but it's not
> proper because process which uses gettext when gettext is missing don't
> like it).

Now that we have config.site, this shouldn't happen again (what happened was
that configure script were picking in priority gawk or gsed for example when
they were present and because they were linked to gettext it was failing,
config.site make sure that awk or sed (and many others) from base are picked up
in priority, so this is safe now.

regards,
Bapt