libpkg, sqlite and database problems prevent building any packages

Matthew Seaman matthew at freebsd.org
Mon Aug 5 15:24:16 UTC 2013

On 05/08/2013 15:24, Kimmo Paasiala wrote:
> Ok this is then different problem than what I saw when I reverted back
> from pkg-devel to pkg, the error message was the same though.

Yeah -- we don't really have any support for down-reving the schema in
local.sqlite at the moment, so going from pkg-devel to pkg can be
traumatic.  It should be OK right now as there's no difference in the DB
schemas for what's currently in ports.

repo.sqlite should have significantly more forwards and backwards
compatibility, although with the latest versions of pkg, you aren't
downloading a pre-built sqlite DB, but a collection of YAML documents
containing selected package metadata.  So all that up- and down- DB
schema version changing code is pretty much redundant.  C'est la vie.

	Cheers,

	Matthew