[REVIEW] Completing i386-wine

David Naylor naylor.b.david at gmail.com
Sun Aug 4 12:58:34 UTC 2013

Hi mailing list,

Could you please review the attached patch.  Please see below for the context.

Regards

Subject: Completing i386-wine
Date: Saturday, 3 August 2013, 14:46:06

Hi All,

There has been one major missing piece of i386-wine.  The ability for the port
to "build" and install under amd64 (and thus to appear in the official repos
of FreeBSD).  Since the Port's Collection does not support cross compiling
this is quite "impossible".

However, there is precedent.  The misc/compat ports are essentially binary
ports and I propose doing the same thing for i386-wine: compile the packages
on my system, upload the packages to LOCAL and have the port repackage those
binaries when installing under amd64.

Although that is a simple process the only problem is that when i386-wine is
being built under i386 the port is a slave port while under amd64 it is the
master.  This requires the port to do it's own bootstrapping.

So, please see attached, for review.

Regards