KDE4 woes

Stan Gammons s_gammons at charter.net
Thu Aug 1 11:35:53 UTC 2013

I decided to start from scratch and reinstalled FreeBSD 9.1 RELEASE, ran freebsd-update, fetched the latest ports tree with portsnap, installed portmanager, installed xorg, then attempted to install KDE4 using "portmaster x11/kde4" from /usr/ports.  After going through all of the options and only selecting pulseaudio and SDL for the audio options on the sound related packages, the build starts and bombs with errors that it's unable to update several of the KDE apps. Seems like KDE PIM was one of several apps that prompted the errors.  So, it looks the forwarder I go, the behinder I get :(   Other than give up, does anyone have any suggestions?

Stan