openldap-2.4.35: "failed to start slapd"

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Mon Apr 29 11:13:10 UTC 2013

On Sun, 28 Apr 2013 22:25:23 -0700
Xin Li articulated:

> This is weird.  We do have some similar construct for the server
> package -- if the package is being removed, the daemon would be
> stopped.
>
> I haven't seen similar issue in the past, what's the BDB version used
> with OpenLDAP?

It is using "db46" although I have both "db48" and "db5" on my system.
I would like to switch everything over to using "db5"; however, I am
not sure how to accomplish that with openldap. I did see a patch for
Debian a while back though.

In any case, this is the first time this has happened in over 12 years
of using and updating "openldap". It may have just been a fluke.

--
Jerry ♔