math/ggobi does not build, if graphics/graphviz installed

Rainer Hurling rhurlin at gwdg.de
Fri Apr 26 05:36:12 UTC 2013

Am 25.04.2013 22:40 (UTC+1) schrieb Greg Larkin:
> On 4/25/13 12:02 PM, Rainer Hurling wrote:

>>> Hi Rainer,
>>>
>>> Can you send all config.log files that appear in the ggobi work
>>> directory?  That would include any that appear in the plugin
>>> build subdirectories.
>
>> Yep, of course. The attached zip should contain them all.
>
>> Thanks again, Rainer
>

>>> Thank you, Greg
>
> Hi Rainer,

Hi Greg,

> There doesn't appear to be an easy way to convince
> plugins/GraphLayout/configure to ignore an already-installed version
> of graphviz, and I don't see any patches for ggobi that enable it to
> support new versions of graphviz.

That's what I have been afraid of :(

> At this point, I would add a post-configure target to the port
> Makefile and use it to patch plugins/GraphLayout/Makefile and
> plugins/GraphLayout/config.h to remove support for libgvc.  I did that
> manually, and I was able to build the plugin by hand with graphviz
> still installed.

For me it would be ok to disable the facility to use external graphviz
installations.

Would you agree to share your patch, so that I could use it in the port?
There was no attached patch ;)

You helped me a lot. I had been looking for some time now to find a
solution for that problem. I really appreciate your help.

Many thanks again,
Rainer