grub2 with libzfs

Beeblebrox zaphod at berentweb.com
Sun Apr 14 08:39:39 UTC 2013

grub2.0 is installed, but does not have ZFS capability. I go to the grub
command-line and:
grub> ls => (hd0,gpt1) (hd0,gpt2) (hd1,gpt1) (hd1,gpt2) etc...
grub> zfsinfo (hd0,gpt1) => error: could't find a valid label

I have 3 pools but grub finds none of the labels. grub.cfg is loading as
default:
insmod part_gpt
insmod zfs
insmod ufs

I also had to provide "insmod bsd" as default, because grub kept giving me a
'cannot locate bsd.mod' error, it would then become stuck and was unable to
perform any action.

I am currently booting from a temporarily created UFS partition hosting only
/boot.  /boot/grub is on a separate partition as well.

Regards

-----
10-Current-amd64-using ccache-portstree merged with marcuscom.gnome3 & xorg.devel