libgcrypt build failure

Don Wilde dwilde1 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 01:08:06 UTC 2013

>Number:         177100
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       [maintainer] security/libgcrypt update to 1.5.1
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Responsible:    freebsd-ports-bugs
>State:          open

Hi, maintainers -

I see from the archive that the 8.x branch port of libgcrypt has been
updated. I am working with the 9.1 release, and I think I've performed
the proper freebsd-updates to track stable (I'm back after several
years of being paid to work on another OS).

The 1.5.0_1 won't pass SHA checksum, and the patch won't install when
I try it with NO_CHECKSUM set. This causes numerous other ports to die
that depend upon it. Emacs and xfce are two that stand out.

Bear with me if I've missed something, please. As I say, when I worked
with FreeBSD before, CVSup was current and -STABLE.

Thanks in advance! :D
--
-- Don Wilde
"If you are creative and add value to the world, sleep well. You've earned it."