FreeBSD Port: www/linkchecker , remove INSTALLS_ICONS line?

Michiel Detailleur md at scoutsengidsenvlaanderen.be
Tue Apr 9 10:57:41 UTC 2013

Hello,

I wanted to install the tool "linkchecker" without GUI on a headless
server. Unfortunately the FreeBSD port seems to pull in a large amount
of X related dependencies, even though I have WITHOUT_X11=yes in
make.conf and I didn't select the GTK2 port option.

The X related dependencies originate from
graphics/gtk-update-icon-cache. Which in turn seems to be triggered by
the "INSTALLS_ICONS=    yes" line in the port's Makefile. I traced this
down when I found this similar bug report for another port:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports-bugs/2011-November/222150.html

I removed the INSTALLS_ICONS line from the port's Makefile in my ports
tree and the port build and installed succesfully. The CLI tool also
runs as expected.

I think the "INSTALLS_ICONS=    yes" line can be safely removed from the
official port?

Thank you in advance,

Michiel

--

Met vriendelijke scouts- en gidsengroeten,

<http://www.scoutsengidsenvlaanderen.be> 	*Michiel Detailleur |
Medewerker Informatica*
*Scouts en Gidsen Vlaanderen vzw*
Lange Kievitstraat 74