emacs23 not working in terminal

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Mon Apr 8 10:38:52 UTC 2013

Hello.

I'm a long time user of Emacs and I've got several different installations.
Recently some of them started behaving: X11 version works fine, but
running with -nw (or no X configured) results in keyboard not working.
Pressing any key yields no result and emacs has to be "kill"ed externally.
This happens regardless of how the box is accessed (local/ssh,
Konsole/putty, etc...)

I solved this on most installations with "portupgrade -Rf emacs", but I
still have one box where this did not help.

Where should I start looking?

  bye & Thanks
	av.