Growing list of required(ish) ports

Bryan Drewery bdrewery at FreeBSD.org
Mon Apr 8 02:45:29 UTC 2013

On 4/7/2013 8:47 PM, Robert Simmons wrote:
> Are there plans to get the following ports moved into HEAD?
>
> 1) ports-mgmt/pkg
>
> 2) ports-mgmt/dialog4ports
>
> 3) ports-mgmt/portaudit
>
> 4) ports-mgmt/portmaster
>
> It seems to me like these belong in the base system.

On the contrary, the idea is that more and more should come *out of
base* and into ports. Base is very static and stuck in time. By moving
these things into ports, you are able to get updates much simpler. No
need for an errata or security advisory or release. Just updating with
portmaster/pkg upgrade.

portaudit is not needed with pkg, just use 'pkg audit'.

--
Regards,
Bryan Drewery